Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 3, 2007

    Here we go again...

    Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko just dissolved parliament and is calling for fresh elections.

    Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich is fighting the move as unconstitutional and calling for his supporters to take to the streets. And it's all happening on my second day in Kiev, a few hours after I was walking around the city feeling nostalgic for the snowy days of the Orange Revolution.

    Sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump. I was in Georgia for the Rose Revolution (on purpose), in Ukraine for the Orange Revolution (on a hunch), in Lebanon for the Cedar Revolution (entirely by accident). Now, more demos on the streets of Kiev?

    I'm filing a report for tomorrow's edition of The Globe and Mail. Give it a read and tell me what you think. If things get hot in Ukraine, check back here for updates.

    No comments: