Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 23, 2007

    I'm readable and astute

    I really am. Or at least the good people at The Messenger, Georgia's top English-language daily newspaper say I am.

    Writer Christina Tashkevich reviewed my book, The New Cold War last week and concluded that the book deserved a "thumbs up."

    Thorough reporting, interesting accounts, and a fascinating revival of the past events give the book a thumbs-up. The author’s account of how each former revolutionary republic is doing now, after events, is particularly worth a glance over to see where he suggests progress has been made and problems encountered.


    The review ran under the headline "Canadian journalist’s 'The New Cold War' readable, astute."

    What made me proudest, though, was that Tashkevich wrote that although I had the viewpoint of a "foreign observer" to Georgia's Rose Revolution and the other events that make up the heart of the book, "[MacKinnon] comes to the same conclusions as us, the people who have been at the center of all these events."

    I can think of no higher compliment for a foreign journalist to receive.

    Just a reminder that the book (finally) lands on American shelves at the start of October. If you're in Washington D.C., please swing by the National Press Club on Sept. 27 to say hello and celebrate with me a little bit.

    No comments: